Monday, August 11, 2008

Rock Bottom

Will you make it stop for one moment?
When my eyes close and you're still there,
With a voice speaking tongues blowing commanding air.
Willingly, this room gets smaller and I suffocate
Wishing upon my lungs to suppress its rate.
Wasting away painfully as all exits point to you
While you sit there, waiting, all along knowing the truth.
Withhold from me, this you do, of seconds that turn into days
Which makes me write this doctrine of deep sorrow and hate.
Waiting outside is harsh...BUT IT IS MINE and mine without these chains.
Wishful thinking...when I know Seclusion protects me even from the rain.
Withstanding the real world by closing doors and my eyes,
While you put me to bed and numb body and soul through the night.

1 comment:

Tee said...

Great expression of words. a great mind that you have to be able to exPLORE the thoughts and Emotions of another. Love this Poem Naj.