Wednesday, January 28, 2009

An old article and 798 MB of memory

Last night as I was about ready to turn in for the night, which is a rarity because I never PREPARE to go to sleep, I stumbled on an old article I found saved on my computer that was written about my last season playing tennis at the "U", aka the University of Montana. I was actually trying to back up some old files onto my external hard drive so I can free up some space on my computer.

Supposedly, computers don't have an unlimited amount of memory that I can use and abuse to download all my music and pictures and nerdy med school audio lectures. Who knew!? And a couple days ago, this annoying window on my computer kept popping up telling me that I had an urgent problem that I needed to address. Of course, "urgent" without anything related to medical school doesn't really translate to mean "important" to me. You know...little things like life insurance, overdraft fees on my bank account, and dental appointment notices really get lost in the shuffle of things. So...a tiny little annoying window on my computer will definitely get last dibs on my attention. Oh, but my wonderful little punk of a dell didn't like to be ignored and has now upgraded to demanding my attention by making all kinds of weird noises. I finally checked the "urgent" notices and pleasantly found out that I have only 798 MB of memory left for me to use and abuse. That's not even enough memory for a decent discography of Michael Jackson.

This is so depressing.

So I proceeded to save everything on my external and found a few files to delete when I stumbled on the article, which was the point of me writing this blog but somehow it has shifted to me rambling on and on about this stinky dell and it's annoying messages.

Anyways, the article was written about my last season and how I was losing in the beginning of the season...haha. I was captain and having the most agonizing losing streak of my college tennis career. Other than the not so few number of rejection letters I received when applying to medical school, this was another low point in my life. I read it twice last night just reminiscing about how much fun it was playing college tennis. Even losing was fun at times if the match was good. I remember playing this awesome tennis player from Sacramento state and actually having a great time despite her kicking my ass and leaving me with a couple bagels (translation = score was 6-0, 6-0). Oh the memories!

I miss playing sometimes and probably should get the dusty racket and some balls out one of these days.

1 comment:

thoughts said...

i agree - time to get out the racquet... you always had one - can't see you without it :)