Sunday, January 18, 2009

DC is poppin' and buzz'n

Yessir... the District has made a transformation overnight. I'm slightly overwhelmed at how many people are being squished into this tiny little place. But it's exciting! Studying has been pushed to the back burner to be replaced with the long weekend of events and I'm too busy not worrying about my Cardio/Pulm exam coming up next week. Isn't that terrible? I'm way too excited to concentrate on studying.

Tuesday will be HUGE! I just picked up my tickets to inauguration yesterday from Senator Reid's (of Nevada) office and was super giddy walking home (in the freezing cold). We're going to be standing in a grid in front of the reflecting pool. Not bad...but we will have to be there really early, which means bundling up for arctic temperatures. This might be just me though. I'm an island girl and anything below 60 is uncomfortably cold. So my attire will include many layers topped off with my nice warm fluffy coat with the furry hood. I get called "The Eskimo" often from friends, but that's okay. As long as I'm warm, I'm good to go.

I will update more on this after Tuesday's event and will probably include photos. Here are some pictures I took on my way to the Senate office building. It was weird that there weren't many people around.









1 comment:

thoughts said...

thats so exciting to be there to witness history in the making :)