Sunday, April 6, 2008

status updates

Nothing stresses me out more than status updates. Not even med school. These bastards who create functions like these drive me nuts because they really don't understand how it affects innocent people like myself! First off...status updates expire. Is there no way to just keep the status you chose a week ago..the one where you spent hours agonizing what to put there in the first place??!? For those who are lost to what I'm yapping about..I apologize. Sometimes, the faucet of words in my mind is on full blast and my fingers can't keep up with the typing. Stalker websites like facebook and myspace and bebo and gchat (yes, I have them all) will ask you what "your status is" and it usually will start with the words, in my case, "Annabelle is..." in which you fill in the rest of what you're currently up to.

The thing is, it's just absolutely boring when you put something like "tired" or "hungry". No one cares about those updates. They want something juicy like "..angry about something he/she just read" or "..thinking something dirty" or whatever. These updates are great because all the obsessive stalkers will be prompted to ask "what the hell kinda dirty thoughts you have?" And then life can progress as normal beyond that. The problem is thinking about things to write as the status update. In my case, great and spontaneous ideas come at the worst times! Like when I can't get to a computer fast enough because I'm stuck in a claustrophobic room listening to a biochem professor for more than 3 hours...or..this is even better..when I'm SLEEPING! I would be tucked oh so peacefully in my wonder bed when wham! A status update just appears and I'm forced to debate with my better half "myself" whether I should get up and turn on the computer or just give up on possibly the best idea of what a status update should be.

*Sigh* This is what I struggle with everytime I log into any of these accounts and see the words "PLEASE UPDATE ON YOUR STATUS" because my last update expired. So what does a girl do? Give up and resort to putting b.s. like "tired" and "hungry". B-O-R-I-N-G!

1 comment:

Amisha said...

I might need to come downstairs and stage an intervention.