Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Concert update

I went to see Missy Higgins play at the 9:30 club this past Monday, and I was floored at how amazing she was live! Amazing! Lenka, a fellow Aussie (oy! oy! oy!), opened for her. What an adorable girl she is:) She had birds and little toy animals strategically placed all over the stage. It was great for me...because I like looking at the entire stage setup including whats on the ground and what color the mic is and all that jazz. It just made me smile every time I found little fake cute birds swinging from her band's instruments. Luckily, I was close enough to see all these things...center stage and front row. I also saw the list of the whole set Missy was planning to play for the night. Sadly, the "Special Two" wasn't on the list. But...holla at your girl! Front row and center! And we didn't get to the club that early either. However, it was also a snow day in the District so I guess people were less inclined to stand in the cold too far in advance before the concert started.

It's so bad now, though, because I was listening to Missy on my ipod this morning on my way to school but I had to switch to another artist because she was absolutely amazing live that I can't really listen to her recorded stuff just yet.

On another note, she played this instrument that I have never seen before. It sounds just like a harmonica but you blow air into this tube that is connected to a tiny little piano. Does anyone know what this instrument is called? Lol...it's such a cute little thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's called a Melodica! Here she is playing it in Atlanta last Fri. night!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTm0XW-VwOg&feature=channel_page&fmt=18

AnnaBaDoc said...

Hey awesome! Thanks:)