Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Remember where you are right now...

Because history has been made today. As Americans, we came together as a country to vote for the first African American President of the United States. I have never been so proud to be an American until today, and I am extremely moved to be part of the generation to put this man into office. Tonight is a day to remember and to talk about with our children and grandchildren. As I sit here and listen to the acceptance speech by the man who moved a nation to make change happen and to believe in a symbol of changing America, I am literally moved to tears by this huge milestone that we have achieved.

I saw President Barack Hussein Obama last night in his last rally as senator with almost 90,000 of my fellow Americans in Manassas, Virginia. Seeing him speak with my frozen fingers in my pockets, I beamed with pride that this man was most likely going to serve as our future President. I had to take a moment to really embrace what exactly was taking place.

Remember this time and place. Because it will go down in the history books. And yes, we do have work to do as a country, but I believe that America has voted for the right person to serve the needs of all Americans. He is truly a symbol of good change that we need. And as his followers chant, "Yes We Can", I join in cheer with tears in my eyes knowing that my vote absolutely counted in this historic night.

Fired Up and Ready to go.......

No comments: