Saturday, December 13, 2008

Scenario

Today I finished my first of four final exams for this semester and as soon as I walked out of the exam room, I went straight into my study room to set up shop. Many hours later into studying about lymphomas for Monday's Path final, my roommate (who is one of my classmates) asks me one of those "would you rather" type of questions. This is a snippet of our conversation with another one of our classmates:

Roommate: "Would you rather give birth to a baby or go through second year all over again?"

Me: *stunned and speechless*

Other classmate: "Are you crazy? I don't want to tear."

Roommate: "No, seriously. I think I would rather deliver a child than go through this semester again."

Me: *Still stunned and speechless with crossed eyes from staring at my computer screen for way too long>*

Other classmate: "Well...I would rather deliver a child than go through the first TWO years of medical school. If someone were to take my place for the first couple years of med school and I would have to deliver a baby in return, I would sign up for that...I would deliver three children!"

Roommate: "That's just excessive. I just asked about one child. Heck no I wouldn't have more than one! Are you nuts?"

Me: "I think I agree with classmate on this one, roommate. I would deliver three children in the place of the first two years of med school. Just get it done and over with. No big deal."


Productive studying at its best.

3 comments:

OMDG said...

I'd rather have a kid (though admittedly I may be biased in this).

Open femur fracture (via the trauma bay) vs. clinical clerkships is another question entirely. I'd do 2nd year over the fracture in a heartbeat.

Do you mind if I use this idea for a post if I get around to it?

Anonymous said...

I would have a LITTER if it meant not doing the first two years.

Anonymous said...

haha that's an interesting question. I think you should pose this question to classmates who have already given birth to kids, see what they think!