Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A new friend

I know it's been a while since I last posted. Med school just took over my life last semester. I really was planning on diligent writing throughout school but I succumbed to the shedule overload and the writing inevitably was pushed to the curb. But, I'm back and with a vengeance. I attended a lecture today and speaker gave some casual advice to the eager ears of medical students of writing in a journal to keep note of important events through this period. I'm assuming we will all eventually become senile at one point in our lives and a journal would be nice to look back with painful but fond memories (talking about med school here).

I'm off-topic already and I just started writing this post about meeting a new friend. I met a classmate of mine today. Weird, I know. I'm in my second semester of school, which is six months into knowing my peers and yet I am still meeting people from my class! I met one yesterday too on a squash court! It amazes me that I haven't met everyone yet but what can you do? Actually, I take that back. I've met people in my class more than once...maybe more than three times. You know how it goes. You meet people and you forget their names so when you pass in the hallway, you're sort of embarrassed to admit you forgot their names after only meeting them the night before at so and so's party. And before you know it, three months have passed and you're meeting the same person AGAIN at some other person's party. This time you may have had a few drinks in you so the name slips for the second time! So you end up meeting them, this time sober, when you're in conversation with mutual friends and get introduced AGAIN. Hopefully, this doesn't happen too often or you'll be one of those people with no friends because you can't remember any of their names. You'll be a "smiley"...aka..the person who you always see in the halls smiling at you and you casually say hi because you know they're one of your peers but the conversation doesn't go beyond that.

1 comment:

Belle said...

Hi Naj, it's me again (Auntie Belle)your biggest admirer. I'm still reading...I'm so excited and just want to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog, blogger, journal or whatever it is called. Again, keep it up!!! love you and I am praying for you all the time.