Saturday, February 9, 2008

To conduct or not to conduct

Original date: 09-06-06

I was walking through the hotel (venetian) this morning to the cafeteria and was suddenly struck with how loud the "hotel" music was playing. Mind you..it's like elevator music, but ALL classical in the early mornings. It was a group of violinists going full swing...would that be called a symphony? Anyways, I just couldn't help myself but proceeded to flick both my hands in rhythm to the music like a conductor. The music just consumed my every being and I could not, for the life of me, help myself from doing this. Oh and I got pretty serious at it too and proceeded with the violent head movements that conductors do when changing his instructions to the different groups of instruments. I realize that I'm sounding like a "music idiot" right now because I have no idea what the correct jargon is for all this. But yeah, that's my story for the morning.

No comments: