Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Being sick aint no fun!

Last night, I got home and felt rather queasy. I figured it was my stomach telling me it didn't like my rapid change of food from yummy delicious Thanksgiving food to the boring med student meal of sandwiches. So I get ready to study and learn about viruses and very quickly, the queasy feeling became this uncontrollable urge to puke. Of course at this point, I'm laid out on my bed with my laptop trying to concentrate on the material but it gets quite difficult considering the room is spinning a little. I then run to the bathroom and try not to look at the toilet because it will be all over at that point. I splash some water on my face and take a few deep breaths. The wave of nausea passes...and I figure that I'm safe to get back into the comfy confines of my bed.

The night then progresses into my laptop falling off my bed onto the floor (luckily, my room is carpeted and my bed isn't too far up from the floor) and me writhing in pain from this stomach situation. Oh God, I think. I canot afford to get sick right now! I have so much studying to do and my night is now over. Gosh, I hate being sick!

Whatever it is I got, it sucks! It's amazing how terrible you feel when you get sick. Your body doesn't feel right. The world doesn't feel right. And everything just gets out of your own control. It's now day 2 of this thing that I have been calling gastroenteritis/food poisoning/stomach flu (I refuse to go see a doctor bc I dont have time) and I still haven't eaten and really don't feel an urge to eat in fear that I will expel the contents in some way.

A thought just came to mind...does anyone have a good recipe for chicken soup?

1 comment:

Puanani said...

Poor you!! I agree - being sick AIN'T no fun :(.

Quick chicken soup that I make because no one else in my household will make it for me when I'M sick..lol:

Buy a rotisserie chicken and shred the meat, throw it into a pot with canned veges, rice and a can of chicken broth and heat through :). It's seriously no more than 10 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to heat up..lol!!

FEEL BETTER SOON!!